By Kristy L.
Chef Jack recently appeared at Barnes & Noble for a book signing. After a couple of weeks, The Latest Hiss caught up with Chef Jack to ask a few questions.
1. How old are you and what grade are you in?
I am twleve years old and in the 7th Grade.
2. When and how did you start cooking?
I have had Lukemia three times and during my first relaspse when I was six, I found the Food Network and fell in love with cooking.
3. What’s your personal favorite recipe?
My taste changes every day, but I’m always in the mood for a good pasta.
4. How did you get the idea to publish a book?
It was during one of my charity events that I thought, ‘I have so many great recipes, why not write a book?’
5. Do you have any future plans for your career?
I want to continue my journey on trying to become a chef and hopefully write another book and maybe even get my own show.
6. What are your other hobbies?
Other things I like to do besides cooking are skateboarding, surfing, playing baseball, and video games.
7. What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment so far?
This is a very tough question for me because in my life, I have had a few accomplishments…from writing my own book to raising money for cancer research, to being a role model for kids [encouraging them to follow their] dreams.
8. What is your favorite school subject?
I would probably choose math as my favorite subject.
9. Is there anything else that you would like us to know?
Just keep striving for your dreams and never give up!
Thank you, Chef Jack, for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer these questions.
You may find Chef Jack’s cookbook, Twist It Up at Barnes & Noble. It is a cookbook filled with delicious recipes for a variety of tastes and cooking abilities.