By Marina M.
These study tricks and tips will help your brain remember information quicker and easier. Here are a few tips to try for expanding brain memory.
- Take a walk before a test or exam. It has been proven that exercise can boost your memory and brain power.
2. This may make you look a little crazy, but try to give it a go! Speak out loud instead of simply reading in your head. You are 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out loud instead of reading it over and over in your head.
3. Reward yourself with a treat. There are many ways you can use a reward system into your habits, so you learn how to study for exams and tests more efficiently.
4. Drawing diagrams can help you to visualize information that can be hard to describe. This creates a memory in your mind that can help you on your tests. The test may even ask to draw a diagram or label. So, start practicing your drawing!
5. Always use flashcards for key points, key concepts, and vocabulary.
6. Listening to the right kind of music can help you with studying. The correct types of music can lead to more productive studying by elevating your mood. Classical music is the best choice for studying.
Discovering new ways to study and trying different methods can help find what really works for you. If what you are doing isn’t working and you are noticing that your grades are not what you would like them to be, try one of the above techniques and see if it makes a difference. You never know. You may find a new way to study and do better in school.