By Skye R.
For some people new years is just a way to start over or turn over a new leaf, but some people try to improve mistakes that they made last year. Most people struggle with coming up with new things to accomplish in the new year, so lucky for you I have a whole list of ideas for ages 10-80!
- To get organized! This idea can be easy but also can be tricky if you have a hard time focusing. My first tip is to set a date to organize your room or whole house! Make sure you don’t keep cancelling your plans and get to it! Second make sure you aren’t stressed with anything so another tip is to listen to music while you are doing it! Next, watch a video or two on how to get organized to get the idea of what to do! Lastly, stop procrastinating! If you procrastinate you will never be able to reach any goal!
- Get in shape! You can get started by going to the gym, running, or eating healthier foods! My first tip is get a little hand held blender and blend away! Kale, avocado, spinach, you can barely taste it! My second tip is try to get as much sleep as you can, this doesn’t mean to sleep in but try to go to bed at a reasonable hour. My last tip is try to wake up earlier and go to the gym in the morning! It is proven to wake you up so you can be ready to take on the day.
- Meet new people! Getting more/new friends can never hurt especially when they push you to try new things! For example a friend can push you to try octopus or some crazy food like that!
- Going along with getting in shape is sleep! Sleep is very important because it can affect your health if you don’t get enough of it.
Sixth grader Karina F. gets eleven hours of sleep. “ I have to get up early in the morning to go to school and I don’t want to be tired throughout the day,” says Karina F.
Almost all of her friends agree with her on going to bed early, but some struggle with it.
- For my last idea I decided to ask a couple friends on what their new year’s resolutions are going to be this year.
“I want to go on my phone less, practice piano more, and get more sleep,” says Emily D. Most people at RMS are on their phone a lot and I think we also all need to practice staying off electronics for a little.
“I want to get good grades and also go to sleep earlier,” says Amber K. Sleeping earlier like a said can be a struggle for a lot of us but a tip for that is if you like to sleep in dead silence I recommend earbuds. Or if you need white noise either get an app or a machine!
“ I want to make my overhand volleyball serve because I am almost there!” says Karina F. Like a lot of us were almost reaching a goal but if it goes wrong we usually don’t strive to finish it, but should. It is a relieve to reach a goal I recommend practicing everyday to get there.
“I want to eat less junk food and to eat more healthy food!” says Marina M. I am reading a book now on what we consume junk food wise and think it would be a great idea for everyone to try watching the calories or sugar you consume to help you start.
I hope I helped you with some fresh ideas to start of the new year on the right foot!